Cutting the Cord 101
Heard the phrase cutting the cord, but not exactly sure what it means or if it’s right for you?
Cutting the cord refers to “cutting” yourself loose from expensive cable subscriptions and switching to online TV streaming services‡ instead. Not only is TV streaming more budget-friendly, but it also frees you from long-term contracts and fixed programming lineups.
Cutting the cord doesn’t have to be confusing. Actually, it’s quite simple.
Check out these three easy steps to start streaming and learn how TWN’s streaming solution can ensure you have access to the content you really want to watch!
Holiday Cybersecurity Tips
Did you know the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season create an ideal setting for a cyberattack?
While the holidays are fun and festive, your online security is more at risk this time of year. Increased online shopping, as well as holiday travel, make you a more vulnerable target.
In the midst of the chaos, no one wants (or has time) to worry about being hacked. Follow these helpful cybersecurity tips to keep your devices and data safe.
Protect yourself, so you can make the most of the holly, jolly Christmas season!
A Christmas Gift Worth Giving
Spread a little joy this holiday season!
You love our fast, reliable internet. Now it’s time for your friends and neighbors to experience it too.
Tell them about TWN and you both can earn $25*. Simply ask them to mention your name when they sign up and everyone benefits.
Give someone the gift of great internet. Refer-a-friend today!
A Sweet Christmas Treat
The holidays are here! Time for get-togethers, gifts, and goodies galore. Looking for an easy treat to take to your next Christmas party? Try these no-bake sugar cookie truffles. They’re quick, simple and oh-so-delicious. You may just want to keep a few at home for yourself!
Sugar Cookie Truffles
- 16 sugar cookies (without frosting – can be store-bought or homemade)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles (for topping)
- Place sugar cookies in a food processor or crush in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin until fine crumbs form.
- Pour sugar cookie crumbs in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer and beat in softened cream cheese until well combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While truffles freeze, melt the white chocolate by placing the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
- Remove truffles from freezer.
- Dip and roll truffles in melted chocolate until completely covered.
- Immediately top with Christmas sprinkles.
- Place pan of dipped truffles in the fridge until white chocolate has completely set up.
Internet Terms Defined
Not sure if you’re up to speed on your internet lingo? Don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Each month, we’re going to define a few basic broadband terms, so you can feel confident when it comes to internet commentary.
- Wi-Fi – A wireless network that uses radio frequency signals instead of wires to connect your devices (computers, smartphones, etc.) to the internet and each other
- ISP – This stands for internet service provider. An ISP is a company that provides access to the internet for both personal and business customers. TWN is an ISP!
- IP Address – A string of numbers that identifies a device on the internet or network. IP addresses enable the internet to differentiate between separate computers, routers, and websites, so it knows where to send emails, data, etc.